Somerstock Music Festival – Somerton Recreation Ground 11.00am to midnight
The one you’ve been waiting for with twelve hours of non-stop music through to midnight. Three stages, four bars, food and, of course, music! Lots of music!
Somerstock takes place on Somerton’s Sports & Recreation Ground at the junction of Gassons Lane and Langport Road. This family friendly event, between 11.00am and midnight on Saturday 13th July, has something for everyone.
The event features over seventeen bands, three bars, good quality food, retail stalls and children’s entertainment, while profits from the day will support the work of St Margaret’s Hospice in Taunton.
Whatever your taste, from rock through to soul; including ska, reggae, Celtic folk, funk, boogie woogie and acoustic originals, Somerstock has it covered.
From acoustic originals, local and regional bands and headline international performers, including Ben Walters, Chris Jagger and Talisman with platinum selling Toploader heading the bill.
Click Here for some “Frequently Asked Questions” about Somerstock
Pre-booked on-site parking is available along with camping for those wishing to party right through to the end. If parking off-site please be considerate to our neighbours.
Click Here for the full line-up
Click Here for our online ticket portal
Essential Information for Festival Goers
Gates open at 11.00 and you must be able to present your ticket at the gate, which will be exchanged for a Festival wristband. For the safety and security of all festival goers admission is subject the the terms and conditions of entry summarised below.
- Somerton Music and Arts Festival (CIC) reserves the right to evict a customer without refund, and/or refuse admission.
- Anti-social behaviour may lead to eviction.
- You may be body/bag searched at the entrances, on the site or when leaving.
- Any item(s), reasonably considered for use as a weapon, which may cause danger, offence or disruption to any other person, will be confiscated.
- Any person carrying illegal items or carrying out illegal activity may be handed over to the Police, refused entry or evicted.
Please note: only bags A4 size or smaller are permitted in the arena.
Banned from Somerstock
- Glass (bottles, jars or containers), air horns, fireworks/pyrotechnics, flares and distress flares, illegal items, illegal substances, unidentifiable substances, new psychoactive substances (NPS), laser equipment/pens, air horns /megaphones, nitrous oxide and associated equipment (balloons / CO2 dispensers / cream dispensers), sky or ‘Chinese’ lanterns, sound systems, spray cans, unofficial tabards/high visibility reflective jackets, blow torches, generators with the exception of those fixed in campervans in the designated area for camping, individual camping gas canisters (exemption for gas canisters fitted within campervans), firewood, aerosols over 250ml, petrol burners, and any goods for unauthorised trading.
- No food and alcohol may be brought onto the site, soft drinks only are permitted. If you need to bring specific food or drink for personal consumption due to a medical condition, please bring supporting evidence which you are able to show at the point of admission.
- Cans, disposable BBQs and other stoves are permitted only in the campsite area as part of camping equipment, umbrellas including golf umbrellas, firewood, flags are also not permitted.
- Photographic equipment is permitted provided that it is for personal non-commercial use only. In the event of any subsequent commercial use, the bearer agrees to pay the Promoter for the cost of a licence issued by the Promoter for permission to take photographs / visual / audio recordings for commercial use (Cameras with lens of over 6” will not be allowed through the arena entrance), large or open drinks bottles (under 500m sealed* plastic soft drinks/water are permitted). Please refill your empty bottles at the water points inside the arena for free.
Items that are confiscated will not be returned.
- Please note: you cannot bring alcohol into the arena (bars are available in the arena). Anyone resisting the confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction.
- Under 18s are not permitted to bring alcohol into or to purchase alcohol on site. It is illegal for an over 18 to purchase alcohol on behalf of under 18s.
Fire & General Safety
- Fires are not permitted anywhere on site
- The burning of plastics, bedding, tents, furniture etc. is not permitted anywhere on site.
- Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings including tents.
- Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing.
- Pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting/special effects may take place during some performances.
The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is strictly forbidden on site without written permission from Somerstock.